Sunday 17 December 2017

Thermomix Millet Flakes

I have craved for corn flakes for a very long time.

Crave is an understatement.

PICA is more like it. 

The ones sold at the grocery stores have added flavourings, colourings and the usual ingredients that I can't have.

And then when I find the ones I can have, they are loaded with SUGAR!

So when I saw this in the grocery store, the wheels in my brain turned and I knew I had to try to make my own MILLET FLAKES!

 Ingredients:

1. 1000gm water
2. 260gm millet flakes
3. 5gm sea-salt

------------------------------

1. Place all ingredients into the TMX jug.

2. Set 6 minutes/90C/speed2.5.

3. Once it is lumpy and thick, it is done.


4. Line baking tray with baking paper.

5. Spread paste onto baking tray as thinly as possible.

6. Preheat oven to 180C.

7. Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours.

8. Turn the whole sheet of millet over. Certain parts underneath will still be soft.


9. Bake for another hour. The whole sheet will be crunchy and crispy.

10. Allow to cool.

11. Break the millet sheet into small pieces.

12. Keep it in an airtight container.


Bon apetit!


2 comments:

  1. Please describe the taste because I look at those and think that is the most unappetizing food I've ever seen. Are you eating these like chips or like breakfast cereal? Corn flakes here are breakfast cereal (which is why they have sugar). Can you not eat corn? What about apple juice for sweetener?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious! Tastes like the corn flakes I had growing up. I don't eat much corn because it is high in salicylates.But I do eat it every now and then.

      I eat them like chips! Too good to not do so! Haha!!!

      No need for any sweetener.

      It is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!

      Delete