Sunday 5 July 2015

The Journey in Healing the Gut (3)

It's been a an uphill battle to heal the digestive system. Reflux is a stubborn goat who does not let up and is like a spoilt-child who insists on having her way.

I am still in the ring with reflux and I have currently lost round 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and very soon will head to being knocked out.

I did try to add on a new probiotics (in order to strengthen the gut) on top of the existing one which I have been consuming for 6 1/2 years now (LACTO GG). I did not react to it (such good news).

But I woke up the next morning, with such excruciating, crippling and debilitating pain in my shoulders and neck. I know that whenever I consume sugar, I will pay HELL for it. I kept going through my food list to check whether I had sugar. I did not eat sugar at all. Not even a grain of it. I was afraid that I could have accidentally ingested it but no, I did not.

Day two came and it got worse.

Day three came and I was literally in the bowels of Hades.

And then it struck me. The NEW PROBIOTICS!

I checked the ingredients and there wasn't any sugar.

And then I saw it.

Fructooligosaccharide. It had this as a pre-biotic.

I stopped this new probiotics immediately and the pain went away in two days. I got my shoulders and neck back. The relieve was heaven-sent.

So back to square one. How shall we tackle this reflux monster?

(...to be continued...)




2 comments:

  1. I get that pain, too, from foods and chemicals. So glad you know sugar does that to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sugar gives me excruciating and crippling pain.

      Delete