Thursday 20 September 2012

Instant Noodles!

I am sure the title caught your attention. I mean instant noodles for people like me = instant DEATH! Haha!

Every time I walk past shopping aisles which are screaming with packages of instant noodles, I feel frustrated. Many days when I am too exhausted to cook, I wish that I could just boil a packet of instant noodles and EAT!

So I came up with a simple recipe which requires minimal fuss (though it is not INSTANT!).

Ingredients:

1. 250gm of spaghetti
2. A pot of water
3. Sea-salt
4. Brown sugar
5. Sunflower oil
6. Fried garlic/shallots (for garnishing purposes)

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Heat a pot of boiling water. Sprinkle some sea-salt.

2. Once the water is boiling, add the spaghetti and stir the pasta constantly.

3. In a large bowl, pour some sea-salt, brown sugar and sunflower oil.

4. Once the spaghetti has softened, scoop it up immediately into the large bowl.

5. Stir the spaghetti until the sea-salt, brown sugar and sunflower oil are mixed evenly with the spaghetti.

6. Garnish with some fried garlic/shallots.

Bon appétit!

I was too hungry and only remembered to take a picture after eating a few mouthfuls! Thus, the disappearance of the garnishing! Hehe....
The whole process roughly takes about 1/2 hour. And that is INSTANT to someone like me!!! Happy experimenting with this dish!




2 comments:

  1. I miss pasta SO MUCH! Count your blessings - you might not be able to do instant, but you can still do noodles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried buckwheat pasta? That is gluten-free.

      Delete