Thursday 2 August 2012

Low-Salicylate Snacki-li-cious Snack!

Ingredients:

1. 500g of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
2. 2 teaspoons of sea-salt
3. Sunflower oil

----------------------------

1. Wash and soak the chickpeas/garbanzo in a bowl of water overnight.

2. Pour the water away and boil the chickpeas until they have softened.

3. Drain the water away and dry the chickpeas/garbanzo beans until they are almost 100% dried.

4. Preheat the oven at 190C.

5. Pour them on a large baking tray and spread them out.

6. Pour the sea-salt and drizzle sunflower oil over the chickpeas/garbanzo beans and mix them thoroughly until all are covered in salt and oil.

7. Bake them for about 30 to 40 minutes.

8. They will be cooked when they have turned into dark, golden brown. Make sure they do not burn!

9. This dish will be done once the chickpeas/garbanzo beans are crunchy!

10. You can store them in an airtight container. But trust me, with a snack this delicious, it won't stay in the container for long!

Bon appétit!






8 comments:

  1. Yummm do you think it would work without the oil? Do you buy canned chic peas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try without the oil and let me know the results. :) I have not bought nor eaten any canned stuff for 41 months now.

      Delete
    2. So how do your chic peas come? Here so far I can only find bulk and canned neither of which are options as you know! Are they packaged or how do they sell them there?

      Delete
    3. I bought them raw in a transparent packet. 500gm. Organic. I'll take a picture and e-mail it to you if you want. You can email me.

      Delete
    4. Oh thanks for clarifying. No need to take a pic but thanks for offering. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them here, I don't think they're available that way yet. Hopefully soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! :) Try it. It was really delicious. At least I can feel as though I am eating nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete