Tuesday 10 July 2012

Battling the Bombarding Bugs

After being 'bug-free' for 7 MONTHS, my immune system is now in a full-fledged war with the flu bug which was 'freely' given to me by Joel. Ever since the haze was blown over to Malaysia, people have been falling sick like dominoes.

Porridge/congee has been my diet for these past two days. Sleep is evading me as my nose is completely blocked up. And when I breathe through the mouth, I end up in a hacking cough until I gag.  And then there's that horrible sputum. The never-ending thick phlegm! The blocked ears, constantly-watery-eyes and chest pains from the cough is enough to knock an elephant flat. And the fever...

I went to the ER on Sunday afternoon as I was feeling really bad. I knew my blood pressure had dropped as I was feeling dizzy. Blood pressure was 90/68. The doctor said that this virus was spreading like wildfire all over the Klang Valley. He saw a family of six in the morning who were all coughing like barking seals. The pharmacist told me that almost all the people who worked in the hospital had succumbed to the virus last month. She said one could see it spreading from department to department.

So it is rest and try-to-eat-as-much-as-I-can for the time being. But I have improved tremendously this year compared to the first half of last year. This year I managed to remain healthy for 7 months. Thus, my next target would be 17 months! Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. So scary. Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... get well soon!! Will send prayers and good vibrations of fast-recovery over! Hi to Joel and Raph!

    ReplyDelete