Wednesday 28 March 2012

Salicylate-Free Banana Scones

Ingredients:

1. Self-raising flour (2 cups)
2. 2 large eggs
3. 1 1/2 cups of home-made soya+oats milk
4. 5 large bananas
5. 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
6. 1 teaspoon of sea-salt
7. 1 teaspoon of brown sugar

-------------------------------------------------

1. Sieve the flour, salt and brown sugar into a large bowl.

2. Beat the eggs.

3. Mash the bananas.

4. Make a well in the dry combination and pour half of the beaten eggs, bananas and soya milk.

5. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.

6. Add the remaining eggs, bananas, soya milk and sunflower oil and continue stirring until everything is thoroughly mixed.

7. Heat a frying pan.

8. Place tablespoons of the mixture on the hot pan. Flip it over when one side is browned.

9. Once it is done, allow it to cool.

10. Serve when it is warm.

Bon appétit!








2 comments:

  1. Evelyn, These look so delicious. I tell you, I am starving...but so afraid to eat anything--thinking I will have a reaction. I am trying to eat on a rotation schedule as the doctor said there is less likelihood of developing an allergy. It is difficult. Went down a whole size last week and am hungry. What did you do in the beginning? I went through all of this in 2009 and here I am back again in 2012 with the same thing...I can remember I ate a lot of chicken back then...some rice--millet. But oats are giving me an issue right now. Haven't tried anything else. Just chicken, rice, lettuce, for me know...with a little pork and turkey. Would love to hear your suggestions. Best health to you, Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I was the same 3 years back. I was starving all the time. Afraid to take a bite even when I was shaking with hunger.

      I ate plain porridge with just sea-salt for breakfast. And whenever I was hungry. My immunologist/allergist told me that it would get better! Even though mine took longer than others. But it did. But now I am deteriorating where smells are concerned. It seems to be I can eat more variety of food! But smells.......

      Yes, I had only steamed white pomfret, steamed chicken, lettuce and pork. Now I can't take pork anymore. I react to it even though my allergy tests showed that I can eat pork. I was like that for 1 year. You can do it!

      Delete