Friday 17 February 2012

A Salicylate-Free 3-in-1 Dish

On days when I am exhausted, being too tired to cook a decent meal and yet the stomach is screaming and growling like a ferocious lion for food, I will make a dish which has rice, meat and vegetables. All in one. It's a 3-in-1 dish.

Ingredients:
1. 3 cups of sushi rice
2. Minced chicken (700g) (seasoned with salt)
3. 1 large lettuce iceberg
4. Sunflower oil
5. Sea-Salt
6. Shallots and garlic (optional)

-------------------------------

1. Cook the rice first. Put it aside and let it cool.

2. In a heated claypot or wok, pour the sunflower oil. Then pour in the sliced garlic and shallots.

3. Once the garlic and shallots are lightly browned, add the minced chicken and fry until it is almost well-done.

4. Add the shredded lettuce iceberg and cook until the vegetables are softened.

5. Add the rice and mix well with minced chicken and vegetable. Season with sea-salt.

6. Serve hot!

Bon Appetit!

*You can omit the garlic and shallots if you cannot tolerate them.







4 comments:

  1. It looks yummy! I can't eat chicken though and am having a hard time with beef - especially hamburger. I'm still on the elimination diet and figuring out what I can and can't eat. Thank you for posting your recipes. It helps to know I have other options that aren't so bland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Thanks for following my blog. How about pork or turkey? Fish? Maybe the reason you can't tolerate the beef hamburger is because of the preservatives or additives in it? Or is the hamburger home-made?

      Delete
    2. I noticed I am having a hard time with hamburger too. I am better when I eat organic without any preservatives in it. But I think in some stores they add red color or other things to keep it looking "fresh." I am going to try other things. It's so scary and I've become very nervous about anything I put into my mouth. :( Since I am alone with my daughter...it makes me even more afraid.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it's scary when we're home alone with the child. I have taught my son to call the neighbours in case of emergency and I have taught him how to use the phone. I have saved all the important numbers on one page. So he knows where they are.

      Delete