Saturday 4 February 2012

The Making of Chemical-Free Chicken Balls

Those yummy-licious chicken balls which are sold in supermarkets and in the wet markets are packed with all sorts of chemicals. Full of flavorings, preservatives and MSG which will definitely trigger an anaphylaxis attack for me. So it's home made chicken balls for me! Below is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1. Minced chicken breasts (500g)

2. All purpose flour (50g)

3. Sunflower oil (2 tablespoons)

4. Bread crumbs

5. 1/2 teaspoon of salt

6. 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar

7. Pepper

8. Finely chopped garlic and shallots*

9. Finely grated carrots/finely chopped cabbage/finely chopped chives*

*Optional

----------------------------------------------

1. Add ingredients number 1 to 7 into a large bowl and mix all of them thoroughly.

2. If you want the chicken balls to have different tastes, you can mix them with either carrots (which is MODERATE in salicylates, that is IF you can tolerate them) or cabbage (which is NEGLIGIBLE in salicylates). You can also use finely chopped garlic and shallots. It will give the chicken balls a distinct taste/flavour.

3. You can either fry or steam the chicken balls.

Minced chicken with finely grated carrots
Ingredients 1 to 7 in a bowl
The uncooked PLAIN chicken balls
Fried chicken balls with finely grated carrots

Plain chicken balls cooked with potatoes

Happy cooking!

Here is the recipe to the making of chemical-free fish balls.






2 comments:

  1. I love it! Thank you, Friend. I have incorporated meat back into my diet last week. I eat organic chicken, beef, and some lamb, some fish. So far, so good. I put the chicken through a meat grinder. These will be perfect. God bless and good health to you. I look forward to all of your posts. Ordering my medic alert bracelet, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support! I am sure your dish would be yummy-licious. :) I wish you health too and yes, the Medic Alert bracelet is a good idea! :)

      Delete