Sunday 19 February 2012

Jaded

It was just a smell
But it was a very overpowering smell
And it stuck to my brain like glue
Gave me hell and made me felt oh so blue!

I wanted to scream
That 'I did not ask for this!'
But all I could do was dream
That somewhere in the past, my life was somewhat a bliss

I would be lying
If I said that my fighting spirit did not take a beating
It is so hard to keep on fighting
But the only way IS to keep on moving

It is always after an attack
That I will always face a setback
Thus, it is time to go before I short-circuit
To recharge myself by being a hermit

It is just a short break
To take some time to meditate
And when I am back
My world will no more be black.





8 comments:

  1. Hi Evelyn. How r u doing??? Hope that u r recovering well. Take it easy & be strong. My prayers r with u. Cheer up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammie. Just taking it a day at a time. :) Thanks so much.
      Big hugs from me. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely. I have to say, I don't know if you should call it Jaded. Jaded is so negative and cynical, and your poem is very hopeful and positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM feeling jaded. But things will get better in its time. I am just resting and taking one minute at a time now. :) Thanks.

      Delete
  3. just want to say i was here- sometimes I really wish there is something that I can do to make you feel slightly better...i hope there is an organic housing area which chemical is not allowed...and there are scientists who could invent a chemical detector which can warn you before the smell comes to you....

    do you know if there are any research bodies looking into this? If not, can the I.A support group write a formal letter to the science or health bodies for help?

    does listening to music help?

    don't give up evelyn, I will keep praying for you! I know you will get better, you will!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! :)

      IA is still very much to be explored and much research is still needed.

      Delete
  4. Hey there girl!
    Of course you're jaded! People who're 'normal' fall into depression for no or little reason what more someone with your condition! Don't feel too down. Fight, fight with all your strength! Thgins will right themselves you'll see!

    ReplyDelete