Sunday 29 January 2012

Salicylate-Free Pancakes

Bread, crackers and oat crunchies for breakfast everyday for months is no longer appealing to my stomach. Of late, my appetite has not been itself. I cannot finish my meals. My appetite is waning. And I am starting to feel sick of eating salicylate-free food everyday. I am smelling curry, amazing sinful food (but forbidden) in a fragrance-and-smell-free room! I want to eat EVERYTHING!

I made pancakes today. And I use my home-made soya+oat milk instead of the usual fresh cow's milk that comes in a box. I used to be able to drink tiny amounts of the chilled fresh cow's milk. Now I can't anymore. It burns my mouth and triggers a reaction. Well, at least I have soya milk to drink! :)

Ingredients:

1. 1 cup of all-purpose flour
2. 1 cup of high-protein bread flour
3. 2 large eggs
4. 3/4 cup of soya + oat milk
5. 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
6. A pinch of sea salt
7. 1 cup of filtered water
8. 30g of salted butter
9. Sunflower oil
(10. 2 large bananas - if you want to make banana pancakes)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Mix both the flours, eggs, brown sugar, salt and filtered water into a large bowl.

2. Whisk all of them with an electrical whisk. (The mixture will be very much smoother)

3. In a frying pan or flat wok, melt the 30g butter.

4. Once the butter is melted, scoop it up and mix it into the batter.

5. Fry the pancakes. *

6. Serve them while they are hot. You can serve with butter or any toppings that you are able to take.

*I left about 3 large scoops of batter. I then mashed the 2 large bananas and mixed it with the remaining  batter. I then fried the banana pancakes with sunflower oil. It tasted like 'goring pisang'!!! It was heavenly!

The really smooth batter (the trick is to use an electric whisk)
Pancake batter with mashed bananas
Soya + oat milk pancakes
Banana + soya + oatmilk pancakes 

Here is the link to the home-made soya + oat milk recipe:
Recipe for soya+oat milk

I also made chicken nuggets using minced chicken. I ate it with sushi rice and a fried egg.

Lunch!
It is back to school tomorrow after a one week of school break. Bed time will be early for me tonight as it's back to rising in the morning before the sun. Have a great week everyone. I wish you health.





2 comments:

  1. oh banana pancake! I happened to have some over ripe bananas- going to try it! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy! I'm sure that it'll be delicious!!!!!!!! :) No problem.

      Delete