Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Finish Line


I had a vision the other night
That I was running in a race with all my might
And I had to keep on going with only one thing on my mind
That was to make it to the finish line

The crowd was cheering us on
Their roar was deafening
Our spirits were greatly motivated
And we kept on running

The heavens suddenly grew dark and foreboding
They thundered and bellowed
A horrible threatening sounding
And most of the runners were suddenly mellowed

I looked to the left
I looked to the right
Gone were the runners
They did not even put up a fight

And then you appeared to me in a great, blinding light
And tried to instill in me, a terrible, great fear
But I put up a courageous fight
And said never in a million years

The heavens then opened up
And poured down so much rain
That it could fill up a lagoon
And the torrents almost swept me into the drain

And then I realized that I was all alone
And I was oh so cold to the bone
And I started to feel the strain
As I was being lambasted by the pounding rain

I struggled to breathe
And tried to stop my chattering teeth
I couldn’t even muster a cackle
It was as if I was weighed down by a thousand shackles

It suddenly dawned upon me
That I was running on fifth gear
It was as easy as do-re-mi
All I needed was to change to first gear

The rain came down even harder
But I wasn’t struggling anymore
I was renewed with a sudden burst of ardour
And I let out a mighty loud roar

There was a sudden change in the scene
The surrounding was all of a sudden very serene
I was now swimming in the great big sea
On my way to fulfill my destiny

I swam faster with renewed vigor
As I approached nearer, the island grew bigger
The young, eternal, wise sage sat on the rock
Waiting for me, never did he mock

When I finally did reach my finish line
He greeted me with a smile so divine
He told me to take a seat
And in anticipation, my heart skipped a beat

When he finally did open his mouth to speak
No words came out, no not even one
What came out made my knees so weak
And my emotions and mind became extremely undone

His vocal chords produced sounds that were unheard of
Harmonies that were so ancient,  way even before the Beginnings
Even time stood still to listen and so did the Heavens above
And my mind just couldn’t stop spinning

The past, present and future became one
What he did could never be outdone
The air, the land and sea came together
And they fused together as one resounding wonder

Time began moving forward again
When he was done with his mighty act
All creatures were in reverence and awe
For never will we see this again

He got up and walked away
Not before saying, ‘You would not have seen had you not run.’


  
35 months ago was
 The Day I Met Death

No comments:

Post a Comment