Friday 1 June 2012

My First Trip Abroad in 38 Months - Part 4 (The Excursions)

We went to Universal Studio for a whole-day outing. It was tiring but very worth it. I did not get any reaction to smells/scents/fragrances but had a migraine due to the severe heat! Besides, I wore my masks at places which had ANY smells.

The food which I brought out were the frozen minced chicken+potato dish which I cooked on the day before I left for this trip. I boiled fresh rice and cooked fresh lettuce iceberg. I divided the food into 2 parts and kept them in 2 different Thermos flasks.



This was the Madagascar crate ride adventure
These were some of the posters in the hallway before we reached the auditorium where the Shrek 4D animation ride was. 




This ride is very similar to a roller-coaster but thankfully it was only 53 seconds short!  It felt as though I was flying on an air-borne Ferrari!

Enjoy the video! It is taken from YouTube.
Look at the blue and red tracks! These roller coaster rides are apparently heart-attack-inducing-rides! We did not try them. Joel is too small, hubby had a tear in his retina many years ago which prohibits him from taking part in rides like these. And me, with IA, I don't think I would want to put myself in such situations!
The people were literally screaming their lungs out! Hohoho!
The Transformers 3D animation ride was the best, but the wait was 50 minutes! It was worth every second!

I found this on the YouTube. This was what we went through! Certainly not for the faint hearted! Look for the falling-off-the-building-scene!


We saw the Rockafellas street dance after the Transformers ride. This is taken from the YouTube. 

Joel attended a concert for the very first time and it was a ROCK concert! HAHA! And he loved it.

When we came out of the music hall, the Daddy O's were performing!



After the Daddy O's performance, we took the train to the other part of the island where a night show of songs, lights, fireworks, water jets, pyrotechnics and fire! It was spectacular. Click here to find out more about the show.

I managed to video tape some beautiful lightning behind a huge cloud before the show. Somehow Blogger keeps giving me the error message when I try to upload them. I will try to upload another time. Here are some videos from the YouTube of the show.



*All videos taken from YouTube

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Fun! I've been fantasizing about a trip to disney as I feel the outdoors would be the best place to control smells. Did you notice any smells while at universal? So happy for you!!

    I recall a ride at disney where they shoot a scent in your face to give you ambiance; not sure if it's the case anymore! I used to like it but don't think I would now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were scents/fragrances from the people but that did not bother me, oddly.

      But the rides did spray water on us, and we felt heat when there were explosions! The water did not affect me, again oddly.

      Maybe I am getting better? Am being very hopeful!

      Delete