Thursday 10 May 2012

Low-Salicylate Side Dish

I have loved chick peas since I was a child. My mom would buy packets of them, and I would eat them ALL BY MYSELF!!!! Haha!!

The ones sold outside have spices and curry leaves. Which is what makes them yummy! It's a different story now. Spices and curry leaves are definitely out but the chick-peas aren't.

So here is my low-salicylate recipe of home-made steamed chick peas!!!!

Ingredients:

1. 500gm of raw organic chick peas

2. 1 teaspoon of sea-salt

3. 3 cups of water

---------------------------------------------

1. Soak the chick peas overnight in the fridge. If you do not soak them overnight, you will end up with VERY hard chick peas.

2. Boil a pot of water and add the sea-salt in it. Add the chick peas and boil for about 2 hours (or until the chick peas soften).

3. Drain the water from the chick peas.

4. Serve them warm!

Bon appétit!

*YUMMY!*


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Silly Q, can you get chickpeas in containers other than cans? I'm afraid of canned goods because of what they apparently add to can linings and don't list etc. So, haven't tried any yet. Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always buy raw chick peas in packets. I have not bought anything which is canned or tinned for three years now! :) I'm feeling ok! Hope you are too. :)

      Delete