Friday 13 April 2012

Container Garden - An Update!

6 pots of compost! 2 of which are done!!! YAY!
It smells earthy, which means it is a success! If it smells otherwise, then that means the composting failed!
Successful compost makes me a very happy gardener!
I was very happy to see the Garden Soldier Fly as they lay eggs in compost or rotting food. The eggs will hatch into grubs,  that eat the rotting food! Composting will speed up! *YAY!*
Kai-Lan!
Zucchinis!


Zucchini flower!
Allamanda fruit (It contains winged seeds)
Another smaller fruit!
The Ixora is finally flowering again!
A new pot of cherry tomatoes! I planted garlic chives in the same pot to deter pests! It seems to be working at the moment.


Okra bumper harvest! That makes this gardener VERY happy! Though I can't eat them, my family can. So that makes me happy!

A 2-day harvest!
I'm Popeye the Sailorman!
Siu Pak Choy!

Kangkung & Siu Pak Choy!
Pale Brown Hawk Moth!
Orange Dog Caterpillar!
The red dragonfly!

The big black ants which come by everyday to drink nectar from unopened Periwinkle flower buds.


I bought a few of these to brighten up the garden!






2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. Love your bugs, too. Chives will improve the flavor of tomatoes, too. Do you have marigolds there? If so, put some pots of marigolds around the tomatoes - they protect tomatoes from all kinds of bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have never planted marigolds. Am attempting Zinnias! Will check whether marigolds will survive in our climate. :) I want TULIPS though! Hehehe...

      Delete