Friday 23 March 2012

Epi-Pens in Malaysia (An Update)

So I finally got a doctor who is from a company who orders the Epi-Pens in bulk directly from MERCK to keep in their airplanes. For NOW, I can obtain new Epis. I spoke to a lady who is the one who deals with MERCK and apparently MERCK was the one who brought the Epi-Pens into Malaysia. Because of low-demand, they discontinued. And now they have brought them in again BUT we have to wait for more than a month to get our refills. Why the long wait? So explain to me how can I survive IF (GOD FORBID) at any point of time I use up my two pens and yet have to wait for more than a month for my refills?

Anaphylaxis is no small matter. It is a life-threatening situation which require quick administration of Epi-Pen to save lives! I have been told to 'try not to fall sick' during this period of time! Oh my God! My emotions are numb.

Mine is expiring in June so I have some time. My son's Epi Pen has expired a long time ago and I have yet to get hold of any!

The hospitals that I have contacted have said that they do not have stock. The one that has stock has the same expiry dates as mine. And they only have TWO! And I was told it could have been 'booked' by another patient!

I appeal to the Ministry of Health to look into this matter. This is a matter of life and death for people like me. Not everybody can go overseas to buy them. And hospitals need to have non-expired stock in their pharmacy! At all times!



No comments:

Post a Comment