Friday 27 January 2012

Container Garden - An Update

The garden is back on track again. I started sowing the seeds 3 weeks back and things are looking good at the moment.

The okras are growing well
Siu Pak Choy!

Even more okras!
Red Spinach!
Kangkung! 


Even more Siu Pak Choys!
Portulacas!
I pruned the Allamandas and they are growing better than ever. Can't wait for the beautiful yellow flowers!!
Light pink Periwinkle
Lovely Periwinkles!!!!
The secret to having fat vegetables and flowers (not to mention, WEEDS too, if you do not weed) is molasses. Buy the un-sulphured molasses from the organic shop. Use about 1 tablespoon to a gallon of water. You can even spray it on the vegetable leaves, fruits and flowers and you will see them blooming and prospering in size!

I tried this product a few months back and I feel that the result is almost the same as using plain old molasses which definitely costs much cheaper. This bottle cost me about RM30! And a bottle of 500g un-sulphured molasses is about RM6. The RM6 molasses can be used for a long time! I use it for my garden once a week.


Though this bottle above has seaweed, plain old molasses works just as well. I find that when I water either this or the plain molasses, the seeds sprout better and the seedlings grow faster. And they are stronger too! Give it a try.

The garden has been attracting a lot of bugs of late. And a lot of them are beautiful!

The beautiful dragon fly!
A very shiny bug on the pandan leaf
A ladybug on an unopened periwinkle flower
A butterfly drinking nectar from a periwinkle flower
I have no idea what this is.
Joel and I kept an Orange Dog caterpillar which metamorphosis into this beautiful Swallowtail butterfly!
We released it during the evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment