Tuesday 20 December 2011

Home-Made Soya+Oats Milk (...And A No-Rice Day)

It has been 4 hours since I drank my own home-made soya+oats milk and I am fine. Which means I have an additional 'food/drink' to add to the list of food that I can consume! Which means, hip-hip, HOORAY!!!!! :)

It is so good to be able to have something to drink other than cocoa. And I cannot drink cocoa frequently as it gives me a sore throat AND constipation. Once in a BLUE MOON is fine. 

So here is how I made my home-made soya+oats milk. (I only use organic soya beans and oats.)
Soya bean maker
I suggest that you get a soya bean maker. It makes your life easier as the process is not so long and the machine is the one that does all the work. 800ml is the maximum amount of milk that this maker can make. A measuring cup comes with this maker. 50g of soya beans will produce 800ml of rich soya milk. I added 3 tablespoons of oats together with the beans. 

The reason I bought this maker.
After grinding the beans, the maker will 'transfer' the milk into the pot to be boiled.
The milk being boiled.
Do not attempt to boil more than 800ml as the foam will reach to the brim of the pot. It WILL overflow if you try to boil more. I learned it the hard way!
You can keep it in a Thermos flask if you can't finish the whole 800ml at one go!!! I can't! That way, it will still be piping hot and fresh.
You can add some brown sugar to the drink! *Yummy!*
I was too tired to cook today after running some errands. So I made mashed potatoes with sunflower oil, sea salt, pepper and butter. I also made hard-boiled eggs seasoned with salt and sunflower oil. I had two slices of home-made buckwheat bread and some home-made saltine crackers. And my soya+oats milk! Dinner was heavenly! 
Mashed potatoes, hard boiled egg, buckwheat bread and saltine crackers for dinner!

The only thing that I would complain about the soya bean maker is the washing up. It has MANY parts to be taken apart. This maker is definitely NOT for lazy people!


Before I forget, the whole process only takes 20 minutes! *Yay!*





2 comments:

  1. you always post food/drinks that i like!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lily: Goooood! You can learn and then cook for ME! Hahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete